Import questions: Moodle XML import
This article describes how you can import questions from a Moodle XML file. See the Moodle XML format documentation to know more.
Open the import location
- Sign in to biz:Examiner.
- Switch into the ‘author’ role using the role-switcher in the top right corner of the screen.
The roles depend on your subscription plan for biz:Examiner. There are cases when you may not see this option to switch to different roles and you directly see the author role for the authoring environment. If you have more questions, please contact us (at:), or contact your account administrator.
- In the sidebar, the ‘Questions’ option is selected by default.
- Click on ‘import’.
- The ‘biz:Examiner | Import’ tab opens to show you multiple options to import topics.
Import a Moodle XML file
- Select the “Moodle XML import” tab.
- In ‘Moodle XML file’, click on ‘Choose file’. Select the target file from the file location.
- In ‘Questions language’, select the language that you have used in the data in the Moodle file.
Note: The question language step creates the questions in a specific language. Later on, you can save the same question in another language, as another revision. This helps you while planning the exams in multiple languages. Please see Common Reference to Add New Question: Language options and settings and Common Reference to Add New Question: Revisions and Exams for more details.
- In ‘Parent topic’, select a topic that acts as the parent topic of the imported topic. If you do not select any topic here, the imported topic is added to the root level in your list of topics.
- Click on ‘Upload’.
- The questions are imported and you can see a confirmation message as ‘Questions have been imported successfully.’
Caution: If the imported Moodle XML file is not in the correct format, the message ‘Import of questions failed!’ appears.
The imported questions are shown in the list of topics. Use the ‘Refresh’ icon available just above the list of topics, to refresh the list of topics, and see the imported questions.
If your upload attempts fail while using the provided templates and instructions, you may consider reaching out to our support team.