Import questions: CSV import
Open the import location
- Sign in to biz:Examiner.
- Switch into the ‘author’ role using the role-switcher in the top right corner of the screen.
The roles depend on your subscription plan for biz:Examiner. There are cases when you may not see this option to switch to different roles and you directly see the author role for the authoring environment. If you have more questions, please contact us (at:), or contact your account administrator.
- In the sidebar, the ‘Questions’ option is selected by default.
- Click on ‘import’.
- The ‘biz:Examiner | Import’ tab opens to show you multiple options to import topics.
Import a CSV file
- Select the ‘CSV import’ tab.
- The CSV file should have the topics and the questions in biz:Examiner ready format. Download the CSV template file and use it as a reference to add your topics and questions data in the right format. If you try to upload your own CSV file that is not based on this template file, it may not upload the topics successfully.
- In ‘csv file’, click on ‘Choose file’. Select the file from the file location.
- In ‘Questions language’, select the language that you have used in the data in the CSV file.
Note: The question language step creates the questions in a specific language. Later on, you can save the same question in another language, as another revision. This helps you while planning the exams in multiple languages. Please see Common Reference to Add New Question: Language options and settings and Common Reference to Add New Question: Revisions and Exams for more details.
- In ‘Parent topic’, select a topic that acts as the parent topic of the imported questions.
- Click on ‘Upload’.
- The questions are imported and you can see a confirmation message as ‘Questions have been imported successfully’.
Caution: If the imported CSV file is not in the correct format, the message ‘Import of questions failed!’ appears, with the reason, such as ‘No question found on line 1’.
The imported topics and their questions are shown in the list of topics. Use the ‘Refresh’ icon available just above the list of topics, to refresh the list of topics, and see the imported topics and questions.
If your upload attempts fail while using the provided templates and instructions, you may consider reaching out to our support team.