In the list of questions, you can search any question by its name, its ID, or the tags which are associated with the question. In addition, the full-text search enables you to find any question within any topic for your specific search query. The search options are available in two different ways:
- In the structure of the ‘all topics’ list
- In the context menu of any topic
Locate the question
- Sign in to biz:Examiner.
- Switch into the ‘author’ role using the role-switcher in the top left corner of the screen. In the sidebar, the ‘Questions’ option is selected by default.
- The list of topics appears in a hierarchical structure, as the folders.
- A ‘Search’ option is available at the top with instructions text as “Search for ID, title, or tag”.
Search a question
- In ‘Search’, write the name of the question that you want to search for.
- The searched question is highlighted in yellow color in the list of topics. It expands if the topic is part of another parent-level topic.
- If the searched term is part of multiple questions, all those topics expand to show you the search question, and all these questions are highlighted in the yellow color.
Note: A message shows as “No items matched your search criteria” if the searched term or criteria does not match with my topic or question.
Use filters for search types
Show only matches
Select this checkbox if you want to see only the matching question(s) in the list of questions. If you do not select this checkbox, the entire list of questions and their topics remains visible and the matching question is highlighted in the yellow color.
Select this checkbox to search the specific term within the question text, anywhere whether in the instructions in the question or in the answering choices.
See searched questions in a tab
If the searched term belongs to multiple questions, the search result opens in a new tab, as below.
Search a question by ID or tag
- In ‘Search’, write the ID or tag name of the question that you want to search for.
- The list of topics expands to show the searched question, as highlighted.
Use full-text search within a topic
Every topic enables you to do a full-text search for its questions for specific terms.
- Click on the context-menu icon that is available immediately to the right side of this topic name. A few options appear in the context menu for actions or tasks for this topic.
- Click on ‘Search for questions’. The ‘Full-text Search’ tab opens.
- In ‘Search criteria’, write the search term that you want to find in the questions.
- In ‘Search in topics’, select a topic in which you want to search.
- Click on ‘Search’.
If the search criteria match with the content in one or more questions in the selected topic, the questions appear as the search result, as below.
Click on any question and it opens in a new tab.
If the search criteria do not match with any question in the selected topic, a ‘0 questions found’ message appears.
Additional options in search results
- Click on ‘Reset’ to clear the search criteria. You can repeat the steps to search more questions for other search criteria.
- If the search results list is long, these are listed in multiple pages. Use the pagination available at the end of the search result list to see more questions.
- After you search and see some questions, follow the same steps for another topic in the structure of the topics available on the left sidebar. Every search operation opens in a new tab and you can see multiple search results by switching between different tabs, as required.