In the list of question topics, you can search any topic by its name, or search a question by its ID or tag name. In addition, the full-text search enables you to find any question within any topic for your specific search criteria. If you want to search for questions inside a specific topic you can select ‘Search for Questions’ in the context menu of this specific topic. In the list of exam topics, you can search any exam or exam module by its name.
Open the topics
- Sign in to bizExaminer.
- Switch into the ‘author’ role using the role-switcher in the top right corner of the screen.
The roles depend on your subscription plan for bizExaminer. There are cases when you may not see this option to switch to different roles and you directly see the author role for the authoring environment. If you have more questions, please contact your account administrator.
- In the sidebar, select ‘Questions’ or ‘Exams and Exam modules’.
- The list of topics appears in a hierarchical structure as folders.
- In the left sidebar where you see the structure of all topics, a ‘Search’ option is available at the top.
Search a topic
- In ‘Search’, write the name of the topic that you want to search for.
- The searched topic is highlighted in yellow color in the hierarchy of topics’ list and it expands if the topic is part of another parent-level topic.
Note: A message shows as ‘No items matched your search criteria’ if the searched term or criteria does not match with my topic or question.
Use filters for search types
Show only matches
Select this checkbox if you want to see only the matching topics, questions, exams or exam modules in the list of topics. If you do not select this checkbox, the entire list of topics and its containing elements is seen and the matching element is highlighted in yellow.
For details on how to search for questions, see the ‘Search questions’ article.