Protect and unprotect a topic
When you have one or more topics, there is an option to protect a topic. A protected topic is visible only to the author who protects it, and not to the other authors who might belong to the same owner. This option is available only for the root level topic or for the first level subtopics under the root level topics.
Find the topic location
- Sign in to bizExaminer.
- Switch into the ‘author’ role using the role-switcher in the top right corner of the screen.
The roles depend on your subscription plan for bizExaminer. There are cases when you may not see this option to switch to different roles and you directly see the author role for the authoring environment. If you have more questions, please contact your account administrator.
- In the sidebar, select ‘Questions’ or ‘Exams and Exam modules’.
- The list of topics appears in a hierarchical structure as folders.
- Locate the target topic.
When you add a new root topic you can select to protect this topic by checking the ‘Protect topic’ checkbox in the dialog window. See Add new topic for details.
Protect a topic
- Click on the context-menu icon that is available immediately to the right side of this topic name.
- Select ‘Protect topic’ for this topic.
- A lock icon appears for this topic name, in the list of topics.
- Hover over the lock icon and a message shows as ‘This topic is protected (only usable by you)’.
If you protect a subtopic, a lock icon will appear at the root topic as well. This indicates that there is at least one protected topic inside this root topic.
When you protect a new topic, its parent topic shows a limited context menu. For example, you cannot edit the parent topic if one of its internal topics is protected.
Remove protection from a topic
- In the list of topics, locate the protected topic that you want to unprotect.
- Click on the context-menu icon that is available immediately to the right side of this topic name. A few options appear in the context menu for actions or tasks for this topic.
- Select ‘Remove topic protection’ for this topic.
- The lock icon disappears now.