Add a new question: True/False
Adding a new question is common across all question types. To see how to add a new question, see Add a new question.
Add new true false type question
In the true false type questions, the participants need to answer whether the question statement is true or false.
To add a new true false type question, follow the steps below.
- Select ‘True False’ as the question type. The ‘New question’ dialog box opens that shows the question type as ‘True False’.
- In ‘Title’, write the title of this question. This title appears in the list of topics.
- In ‘Language’, select a language that you want to use in the question.
- In ‘Tags’, write one or more tags for this question. These tags can be the keywords for this question that you can use to search a question anytime.
- Click on ‘Create’ to save this new question. You can click on ‘Back’ to select another type of question to get started.
When a new question is added to the list of topics, a yellow color icon shows in the topic title. It means that the question is not activated.
Complete the question details and advanced settings
The ‘Question text’ tab
The ‘Question text’ tab is selected by default. Write the question text here.
Text editor for formatting
A text editor is available to format the question content for styling options. Please see Common reference to add a new question: Using text editor, for the detailed instructions.
The menu options
The text editor shows a menu bar where a set of menus show you the basic text editor options, and a few additional and advanced actions to set up the right structure of the questions’ text as required. Please see Common reference to add a new question: Using menus, for the detailed instructions.
You have an option to add an instruction for this question. Instructions are common for the same question types. If another ‘True false’ type question already has one or more instructions in any language, these instructions are available in this new ‘True false’ type question in the same language, for your use.
- Click on the ‘Edit’ icon and the ‘Edit instructions’ dialog box opens.
- Click on ‘Add instruction’.
- In ‘Language’, select a language for the instruction text.
- In ‘Instruction text’ write the content for the instruction.
- Click on ‘Save’ to save this instruction.
Follow the same steps to add more instructions and you can select any one instruction, anytime when you edit this question.
The ‘Answers’ tab
Select the ‘Answers’ tab to set the correct answering choice for this question.
Mark ‘Correct’ for the right choice whether the question statement is ‘True’ or ‘False’. You can also change the ‘True’ and ‘False’ text to other options such as ‘Correct’ and ‘Incorrect’.
The ‘Options’ tab
The ‘Evaluation settings’ enable you to set up point scoring settings for the question.
- In ‘Points for correct answer’, write the points that the participants score when they answer the question correctly.
- In ‘Points for wrong answer’, write the points that the participants score when they answer the question wrongly. You can use this option to assign negative points for the incorrect answers.
- In ‘Negative points possible’: Select ‘Yes’ if the participants can score negative points for this question and select ‘No’ if the participants cannot score negative points for this question.
- In ‘Ignore question in result calculation when not answered’: Select ‘Yes’ if you want that the points scored in this question are not included in the exam result, if the question is not answered. For example, if the exam settings mean that an unanswered question invites some negative score. In that case, this setting here in ‘Ignore question in result calculation when now allowed’ enables you to bypass that exam setting.
In ‘Show info overlay when jumping to the question’, you can add and use information overlays to add additional messages. For example, a tooltip like help text for the participants when they are in an exam. Please see Common reference to add new question: Using info overlays for more details.
Select ‘Show question text in split panel (not available in preview)’ to show the question text in a column view when the participants answer this question. Select ‘show in left panel’ or ‘show in right panel’ to show the question in the left side or right side column of the answer space, respectively.
The other tabs
For the instructions on the other details in the ‘Options; tab, the ‘Feedback’ tab, the ‘Media/Resources’ tab, the ‘Information’ tab, the ‘Topics’ tab, and the ‘Preview’ tab, please see Add a new question for details.
- Click on ‘Save’ to save these details in the question. When you use the ‘Save’ option, the question does not impact the exam if it is added to an exam. In a way, the question is saved as a draft and you can add it to an exam, anytime.
- Click on ‘Save and activate’ to save the question, and to activate it. This means that the question is locked now and is ready to be added to an exam. If you make any changes in the question or its settings after you use ‘Save and activate’, the question is saved as the next revision for an exam.