Try out and review created exams
This article describes how you can try out an exam, in your biz:Examiner authoring environment.
An exam is a set of questions that an organization, a university, or an institute can plan and design to evaluate their students’ or participants’ performance. After you add the questions in one or more topics, you can plan the exam structure for basic and advanced configurations for different exam modules, the question groups, and for each question.
Before you share the exam with the participants, you can try out the exam to verify its settings and how the participants respond to these settings. Please see Exam structure for more details on how you can plan the exam.
Try out exam
- Sign into biz:Examiner.
- Switch into the ‘author’ role using the role-switcher in the top left corner of the screen. In the sidebar, the ‘Questions’ option is selected by default.
The roles depend on your subscription plan for biz:Examiner. There are cases when you may not see this option to switch to different roles and you directly see the author role for the authoring environment. If you have more questions, please contact your account administrator.
- Select the ‘Exams and exam modules’ option.
- In the list of topics, locate the exam and the exam module that you want to try out.
- Select and open this exam module.
- Click on the ‘Try out exam’ button available at the top.
Before you try out exam
When you click on the ‘Try out exam’, the ‘Try out exam’ dialog opens that shows a few instructions for your reference.
If you want to try out the exam without getting into the conditions of constraints by the exam structure settings, select the ‘Ignore random selection and try exam with all possible questions’ option.
Note that there might be special cases when the exam may not run successfully, for example:
- Questions in your topic source have no activated version.
- Questions in your topics are not available in a version for the same language that you have selected in the exam settings.
- Valid topics source is missing.
Not that legal notices and welcome messages are not shown in an exam tryout.
Generate and start the exam to try out
Click on ‘Generate and start’ to generate the exam. It opens in a new browser tab. Depending on the exam structure settings for the blocks, you can see the questions’ navigation, and additional options such as to pause the exam, to jump to random questions, and the text to finish the exam.
- Please see Create and edit exam blocks for more details about blocks’ settings
- Please see Creating and editing question groups for more details about question groups’ settings
- Please see Creating and editing question sources for more details about question sources’ settings
After you finish the exam, you can see the result depending on the settings for the exam, including the block settings.